My Choice, Your Choice, Her Choice. PRO-CHOICE.
GirlMom.com is a politically progressive, left-aligned, pro-choice, feminist website. Girlmom.com intends to support young mothers, of all backgrounds, in their struggles for reproductive freedom and social support.
GirlMom.com is a radically PRO-CHOICE SITE. We intend... Find Out More
Ten Ways to Have Fun for Under $2: Advice from Under the Edge by Wendy Dutton
Why should Dad and Grandma get all the glory? Just because you're poor doesn't mean you can't spoil your kids....
1. The Rosebud Bath: Steal roses from your neighbors yard and sprinkle them in the tub. If roses are unavailable, any pretty... Find Out More
The Story Behind The Story
J. Anderson Coats (aka nilliaj)
Recently, my essay on the production of historical fiction appeared in Mamaphonic, an anthology that deals with creativity and motherhood. I did what promotion I could manage, cheerfully badgering local libraries and bookstores to carry it and sending out a few review... Find Out More
How to tell your parents you’re pregnant:
1. Stay calm
2. Write a letter if you need to
3. Make a plan beforehand
4. If you plan to continue the pregnancy, be specific about the future. Explain how you’ll finish school, provide for the baby, etc.
5. Bring a supportive friend or relative along
6. Tell them... Find Out More
I have always been the person who everyone had high expectations for. I was always expected to do well in school, go to college and be "somebody". Things didn't turn out that way. After high school, I decided I needed a little break from school. That's when I met Ryan, who seemed like the perfect guy for me. He... Find Out More