Respect Yourself--Protect Yourself
I waited in that room. The harsh florescent light cast an eerie glow on everyone seated there. I squeezed my boyfriend's hand and he smiled weakly at me. We had been having sex for months. I was on The Pill. He wore a condom. That's why we were there. Both he and I had had numerous... Find Out More
Being a Zero
"Wow, how much do you weigh?"
"Where do you buy clothes that fit?"
"What size do you wear?"
Somewhere along the way these personal questions started seeming acceptable to strangers. Not only is it not their business, but a body shape that I'd never had to consider... Find Out More
How to tell your parents you’re pregnant:
1. Stay calm
2. Write a letter if you need to
3. Make a plan beforehand
4. If you plan to continue the pregnancy, be specific about the future. Explain how you’ll finish school, provide for the baby, etc.
5. Bring a supportive friend or relative along
6. Tell them... Find Out More
Ten Ways to Have Fun for Under $2: Advice from Under the Edge by Wendy Dutton
Why should Dad and Grandma get all the glory? Just because you're poor doesn't mean you can't spoil your kids....
1. The Rosebud Bath: Steal roses from your neighbors yard and sprinkle them in the tub. If roses are unavailable, any pretty... Find Out More
by Valerie Vickerman Runes
“I can’t do it. Valerie, I CAN’T DO IT!”
“Yes you can Beth. It’s OK. You can do this.”
Reassuring words become a habit after a while. The right words said in the right way at the right time.
“Reach down and touch your baby’s head.”
A tentative touch. A... Find Out More